Jhpiego’s Gender Service Delivery Standards are a tool to assess and improve the quality of health facilities' provision of gender-sensitive, respectful care.
These gender standards provide an opportunity for facilities to:
- Understand and apply the key components of respectful, gender-sensitive care,
- Measure facilities’ progress over time, in a way that allows for comparison across facilities, districts and countries,
- Identify performance gaps that need to be reduced or eliminated in service delivery,
- Create action plans for quality improvement,
- Recognize and rewards high-performing providers and facilities.
Unlike the traditional format of facility guidelines or assessments, the tool uses a format that allows providers to quickly understand and assess the key elements of gender-sensitive, respectful service delivery, and to identify and address gaps and challenges through training, funding and infrastructure improvements.