International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and has implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI has served governments, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI has served governments, private sector companies and several donor agencies in the practice area of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including health, education, environment & economic development and crisis, conflict & governance.
IBTCI is currently seeking a Senior Research and Evaluation Methodology Expert to support the USAID/South Africa Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning project. This activity will provide technical assistance, to the Mission’s Health Office, implementing partners, local partners and, most importantly, USAID and the government of South Africa on critical findings of HIV/AIDS status and learning. It is a 5 year project and the position is contingent upon award.
The Research and Evaluation Methodology Expert will work with the team to finalize the evaluation methodology; develop the data collection strategy, instruments, and protocols; direct data collection and compilation; and conduct data analysis.
The responsibilities of the Senior Research and Evaluation Methodology Expert include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop evaluation design, methodology, sampling strategy, and data-collection instruments;
- Coordinate evaluation activities, including training of data collectors, data collection, implementation, data management and quality assurance and other related tasks;
- Develop data analysis plan and conduct qualitative and/or quantitative data analysis;
- Actively co-lead in data triangulation, presentations, and report-writing;
- Prepare graphic presentations of quantitative data with state-of-the-art data visualization techniques;
- Contribute to report-writing to ensure production and completion of an inception report and evaluation report in conformance with the Scope of Work, high-quality analysis, high-quality writing, and report integration;
- Develop final evaluation report with attention to quality assurance and timeliness of all deliverables to USAID and be responsive to all comments;
- Prepare research protocols and obtain local IRB approvals for studies;
- Develop SOWs for evaluations to be conducted, as evaluations are issued; and
- Adhere to USAID’s ADS2013 policy, standards, guidance and protocols.
- Master’s degree in Evaluation, Epidemiology, Public Health, or related degree required; PhD preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in designing and implementing operations and research projects in developing countries, particularly in South Africa or Southern Africa;
- Strong background in field research in health programming and experience designing and conducting operational research studies;
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative methods and data analysis;
- Strong skills in designing mid-term and final evaluations of international health development projects, including identifying appropriate evaluation questions, designing and managing appropriate methods, analyzing, synthesizing, and interpreting data, report-writing and developing and making presentations to clients and partners in national or international fora;
- Strong skills in preparing human-subject research protocols and submitting IRB applications;
- Demonstrated experience in CDC or PEPFAR funded activities and familiarity with CDC/PEPFAR policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated experience in improving health care quality and measurement processes;
- Demonstrated understanding of South Africa’s country context and the extent of its HIV/AIDS epidemic is preferred;
- Excellent organizational, writing, communication, and negotiation skills;
- Experience managing documentation and dissemination of lessons learned for a range of stakeholders; and
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing English is required.
How to apply:
Please submit all application materials at https://careers2-ibtci.icims.com.
No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted. IBTCI is an equal opportunity employer.