International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and has implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI has served governments, private sector companies and several donor agencies in the practice area of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including health, education, environment & economic development and crisis, conflict & governance.
IBTCI is currently seeking a local Senior Learning and Knowledge Management Expert to support the USAID/South Africa Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning project. This activity will provide technical assistance, to the Mission’s Health Office, implementing partners, local partners and most importantly USAID and the government of South Africa on critical findings of HIV/AIDS status and learning. It is a 5 year project and the position is contingent upon award. The Senior Learning and Knowledge Management Expert will be managing all KM aspects of the project. South Africans are encouraged to apply.
- Assess learning and knowledge management needs, develop strategies to meet those needs, identify and obtain required resources and ensure access by the Mission’s staff and management;
- Create methodology and approach for extracting knowledge from program implementation processes and data;
- Build a repository of best practices in knowledge management and sharing for use by Mission’s staff and management;
- Further promote knowledge sharing through the Mission’s operational business processes and systems, by strengthening collaboration between technical units, external partners, and the information systems to facilitate seamless exchange of information across the system;
- Promote collaboration tools, such as activity rooms, to facilitate sharing of ideas and information among Mission’s teams and between Mission staff and external partners;
- Provide support for the establishment and nurturing of communities of practice, including workshops and one-on-one guidance;
- Develop and encourage innovative approaches in knowledge management and sharing;
- Help establish a mechanism to monitor and evaluate the mission’s knowledge management and sharing system, including dissemination information about the Agency to internal and external audiences, organizing knowledge sharing events, etc.
- Represent IBTCI in industry conference and workshops;
- Author white papers or report to promote IBTCI’s intellectual prowess in KM related to M&E;
- Provide in-house training to home and field staff on KM;
- Attend management meetings and contribute to strategic and business plans, as needed;
- Other duties/tasks as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Communication, Social Sciences, International Affairs, International Development, Policy Analysis, Economics, Public Administration.
- Five to ten years of experience in knowledge management, communication and organizational learning of foreign assistance activities – knowledge of other related fields is a plus;
- Ten years of experience in program management of foreign assistance or donor activities;
- Familiarity with USAID’s Evaluation Policy and guidance included in the USAID Automated Directive System (ADS) in chapter 200;
- Prior work in designing KM and learning systems for international development projects;
- Experience creating and implementing strategic communication plans for country-level programs;
- Versatility in all aspects of the KM process: needs assessment, strategies development, KM design and methodology, repository design and usage, KM system and processes, information system, information sharing, building communities of practices, usage of innovative approaches, M&E of KM;
- Experience with web platforms, electronic communications, and social media and knowledge-management principles;
- Familiarity with Global Health projects in the following areas: HIV/AIDS, infectious diseases, and health information systems;
- Overseas experience in South Africa and/or region working in KM and Learning.
- Ability to travel extensive overseas is integral;
- Demonstrable results orientation, flexibility, oral and written communication, and problem solving skills;
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) required.
- Proven ability to organize and share information effectively;
- Native fluency in the English language is required;
- Well-organized, with strong attention to detail.
How to apply:
Please submit all application materials at https://careers2-ibtci.icims.com.