International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and has implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI has served governments, private sector companies and several donor agencies in the practice area of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including health, education, environment & economic development and crisis, conflict & governance.
IBTCI is currently seeking a local Senior HIV/AIDS Expert to support the USAID/South Africa Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning project. This activity will provide technical assistance, to the Health Office, implementing partners, local partners and most importantly USAID and the government of South Africa on critical findings of HIV/AIDS status and learning. It is a 5 year project and the position is contingent upon award.South Africans are encouraged to apply.
The Senior HIV/AIDS Expert should possess a strong familiarity and experience with South African Public Health System. S/he will work under the direction of a Chief of Party, to provide technical leadership and coordination to integrate and strengthen the use of tools in the key technical areas (HIV/AIDS) during data collection, analyses and dissemination of monitoring and evaluation data. In addition, s/he will provide technical inputs on task-order proposals, assist with proposal budget development, evaluation design, sampling plan, data analysis and interpretation, and writing reports as needed.
- Advanced degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Social Sciences, Health Care Management or other relevant field
- Expertise in Public Health and HIV/AIDS in developing countries, particularly in South Africa or Southern Africa;
- At least 15 years of experience in international public health in the field of HIV/AIDS, Care and Treatment with experience in quality-improvement programming;
- Demonstrated experience in CDC or PEPFAR funded activities and familiarity with CDC/PEPFAR policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated experience in improving health care quality and measurement processes;
- Demonstrated understanding of South Africa’s country context and the extent of its HIV/AIDS epidemic;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and both written and oral presentation skills;
- Demonstrated, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills;
- Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing English is required.
How to apply:
Please submit all application materials at https://careers2-ibtci.icims.com.
No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted. IBTCI is an equal opportunity employer.