The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health challenges. It is located within the University of the Witwatersrand and addresses some of the greatest public health concerns affecting our region, including HIV and its related problems, sexual and reproductive health and vaccinology. This is done through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders.
Main purpose of the job
- The Professional Nurse will provide comprehensive quality HIV and Primary Health Care services within fixed and mobile clinical settings.
Key performance areas
- Render quality Primary and Sexual Reproductive Health Care services for transgender clients
- Provide HIV testing, prevention and treatment
- Support and guide Peer Educators to provide support to clients prior, during and post treatment
- Participate in the delivery of awareness and educational programmes on behavioural and clinical approaches to safe and healthy living
- Perform and comply with administrative procedures associated with accurate clinical record keeping and reporting including patient records and confidentiality
- Refer clients for further treatment and management to appropriate institutions as necessary
For more about this position and to apply, please open the PDF.