Through the TSP Program, Baylor-Swaziland and Baylor-Malawi are implementing the Supply Chain and Pharmaceutical Assistance for Sustainable Systems (SC-PASS) Project in eSwatini. SC-PASS seeks to improve the delivery and consistent use of HIV, TB and other reproductive health commodities and essential pharmaceutical services to achieve desired HIV, TB and SRH health outcomes.
SC-PASS is seeking a Management Information Systems (MIS) Technical Advisor. Interested candidates can find out more about this post below.
Title: Management Information Systems (MIS) Technical Advisor
Reports to: SC-PASS Senior Technical Advisor Strategic Information
Department: SC-PASS Project
Supervises: MIS Associate
Duty Station: SC-PASS Project Office, Mbabane, Eswatini
The MIS Technical Advisor will be responsible for supply chain IT infrastructure development, software delivery, building technical capacity in use of information technology for health logistics management, and project management. The MIS Technical Advisor will lead the delivery of the project’s electronic logistics information management systems (eLMIS) implementation support to Warehouse Management Information System at the Central Medical Stores (CMS). The MIS Technical Advisor is primarily focused on application of electronic systems to improve automation for better functionality of the Logistics Information Management systems (LMIS) implementation and management as well as inventory management, quantification and forecasting tools. The individual will play a lead role in evaluating electronic systems, data availability, IT infrastructure and identifying gaps in their functionality in collaboration with the SC-PASS technical team.
- Lead the improvement efforts for the configuration, reconfiguration and bugs fixing for the Warehouse Management Information Systems at the Central Medical Stores (CMS).
- Scheduling and coordinating the implementation of MIS projects including contracts management, vendor SLAs.
- Development and implementation of training programs to build capacity of internal staff and external stakeholders on all MoH Supply Chain and Pharmaceutical electronic tools.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders in order to strengthen pharmaceutical MIS, M&E systems, and integration with known HMIS systems.
- Design Internal Project Database Applications that respond to the Projects key activities such as Indicator Tracker and Performance Dashboards.
- Assist in the development of IT policies, IT Security policies, and Data SOPs for Central Medical Stores.
- Assist in coordinating integration of new systems and applications into existing systems and networks.
- Provide technical IT assistance on eLMIS/OpenLMIS® systems deployed both centrally and in health facilities.
- Ensure data availability, integrity, security and quality across the e-Systems being used and/or implemented. Specifically produce needed data marts.
- Maintain network documentation, hardware inventory and software inventory for both Project and CMS.
- Supervise and mentor the MIS associate and Data Clerks
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Relevant information technology certifications related to MIS and/or systems strengthening activities along with a baseline understanding of best practices in project management preferred.
- Advanced training in computer programming highly desirable.
- 5+ years of demonstrated and progressive experience in an information technology environment particularly involving large ICT infrastructure roll-out.
- Demonstrated experience in the design of Software applications and/or website design.
- Experience with roll-out of electronic systems within health sector
- Demonstrated experience with ERP and software deployment
- Ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing complex programs.
- Sound knowledge of database systems, T-SQL, data marts and data manipulation.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Experience in Network and computer security practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Detail-oriented and strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Proactive in seeking of information to keep up to date with advances in computer technologies and web practices.
- Strong MIS project management and coding skills.
Personal Style and Behavior
- Team player with the ability to work productively with internal and external clients and to translate requirements into solutions
- Willingness and ability to travel 25% domestically, as needed.
- Ability to remain creative, prioritize and handle multiple projects while producing high quality work under fixed deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and external contacts on routine work-related matters.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills; proven diplomatic and public relations skills.
Please contact Cebile Masinga at [email protected] for more information or to apply for the position.
Note: There are no relocation allowances available for this position. This is a description and not a contract.