HEARD/UKZN is looking to host up to four post-doctoral research fellows based on their successfully application to NRF. Applicants need to submit a research proposal and we will support selected applicant's submission to NRF based on quality of proposal and work in areas that correspond with our organisational strategy
- The UKZN Post-Doc is a one year contract (renewable for a second subject to performance and funding), funded by the National Research Foundation (NRF) and managed by UKZN
- The Post-doc is NOT limited to South Africans
- If successful the Post-doc would be hosted by at HEARD and will be based in Durban, South Africa
Requirements for undertaking a UKZN Post-doc with HEARD:
- Have completed a PhD, within the last five years, in a related field
- Preference will be given to female candidates from southern and eastern Africa.
To apply please send:
- 1 page covering letter of motivation
- Applicants CV with two references
- 4-5 page concept note on provisional research area and topic you would want to undertake that relates to the HEARD organisational strategy
- Please submit to Dr Kaymarlin Govender, by 1 October 2015.
- Initial selection by HEARD does not automatically guarantee acceptance for the Post-doc. Selected applicants will be provided with letter of support from HEARD indicating that they will be prepared to host the person should they be successfully in NRF application
- Applications would have to be prepared, finalized and submitted by candidate.
- While the Post-Doc will be hosted by HEARD, the person will be registered with the College of Law and Management Studies, UKZN.