Known as the “African CROI” the INTEREST Conference brings together scientists involved in HIV treatment, pathogenesis, and prevention research in Africa to share pivotal findings, promote collaboration, and transfer experiences across several fields and many continents. The conference will showcase cutting-edge knowledge in the diagnosis and treatment of HIV and the prevention of the HIV-1 infection. Additionally, it will continue to foster building a community of African physicians and scientists to facilitate the implementation of local solutions for the management of patients living with HIV-1 infection and for the prevention of HIV transmission.
Registration for INTEREST 2019 is now open - register here.
Abstract submission is also open.
You are invited to submit your abstract on one of the following topics:
- Antiretroviral treatment and HIV care
- Basic science and HIV cure
- Community/civil society engagement
- Economics, innovative financing, development goals
- Health system strengthening
- HIV co-infections, including hepatitis, tuberculosis, sexually transmitted infections, and (re)emerging pathogens
- HIV and co-morbidities
- HIV prevention including HIV vaccines and antibodies
- Implementation science, cost-effectiveness, and modelling
- Information technology innovations for HIV (mHealth, electronic records, social media, etc.)
- Key Populations: prevention and treatment challenges
- Knowledge translation to policy and programming
- Laboratory monitoring/diagnostics
- New PrEP technologies and PrEP rollout
- Paediatrics and prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT)
- Regulatory, ethical, and research conduct issues
- Socio-behavioural research
- Stigma and discrimination
- Structural determinants and interventions
- Women and HIV
Abstracts accepted for oral or mini-oral presentation will be eligible for travel and accommodation support.
Abstract Submission Deadline: 1 February 2019