Surviving Another Epidemic
To mark National HIV/AIDS & Aging Awareness Day, the National Resource Center for HIV & Aging at GMHC is pleased to announce a National Webinar Aging With HIV: Surviving Another Epidemic on Thursday, September 17th, from 12pm EST to 5pm EST.
Our keynote speakers are Dr. Anthony Fauci, Director of NIAID, and Ronald Johnson, Senior Policy Fellow at AIDS United. Additional speaker topics include:
- The COVID Pandemic and Aging with HIV – Dr. Anthony Fauci, Director of NIAID and lead member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force
- HIV/AIDS Policy in Response to the Greying HIV Epidemic – Ronald Johnson, Senior Policy Fellow at AIDS United
- Sexual Health – Dr. Ina Park, MD at UCSF
- Prioritizing Mental Health: the Need for Socialization – Dr. Mark Brennan-Ing at CUNY Hunter
- Exercise Tailored to Older Adults Living with HIV/AIDS- Dr. Margaret Danilovich at Northwestern University
- HIV Treatment Update: Treatments in the Pipeline- Mark Milano at GMHC
- The Geriatricians are IN: Panel of Geriatricians- Dr. Jonathan S. Applebaum at the FSU College of Medicine, Dr. Meredith Greene at UCSF, and Dr. Eugenia Siegler at Weil Cornell Medical Center
The current COVID-19 epidemic has exacerbated the need to center experiences of HIV and aging by further exposing both the isolation as well as the resiliency many long-term survivors and older people living with HIV/AIDS possess.
More information and registration link are available here. We look forward to seeing you there!