Unprecedented innovations and technologies: HIV and change
The 9th South African AIDS Conference will take place at the International Convention Centre (ICC) in Durban, South Africa, from 11-14 June 2019. The conference will focus on unprecedented scientific, social and digital innovations/technologies which could expand possibilities and opportunities towards controlling the HIV & AIDS epidemic. The conference will determine how contemporary explosive and disruptive technologies will contribute towards sustained HIV prevention efforts, HIV testing, ART uptake and adherence, trigger the development of new drugs, effectively utilise enormous volumes of data and improve communication and service delivery and eventually end the epidemic.
The conference will highlight milestones, initiatives, strategies, models, systems and best practices in accelerating the control of the epidemic ahead of the 2020 global targets through the following five conference tracks:
- Track 1: Clinical science and bio-medical innovations, technologies and responses
- Track 2: Possibilities and limits of big data - Epidemiology, mathematical modelling & surveillance
- Track 3: Implementation science: Technologies, innovations and methods for scaling up effective interventions
- Track 4: Social drivers of the epidemic: Society, race, class, culture, stigma, violence, diversity and challenges
- Track 5: Social justice: Relationships and power – community, policies, laws, health systems, human rights, donor agencies and the state
Visit our conference page here for updates, related content, and live coverage!