Founded in 2002 by President William J. Clinton, the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to strengthening integrated health systems around the world and expanding access to care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, malaria and other illnesses. Based on the premise that business oriented strategy can facilitate solutions to global health challenges, CHAI acts as a catalyst to mobilize new resources and optimize the impact of these resources to save lives, via improved organization of commodity markets and more effective local management. By working in association with governments and other NGO partners, CHAI is focused on large scale impact and, to date, CHAI has secured lower pricing agreements for treatment options in more than 70 countries. In addition, CHAI's teams are working side-by-side with over 30 governments to tackle many of the largest barriers to effective treatment and care.
The Project Coordinator MMC will be based in KwaZulu Natal and report to both the HAST/MMC Provincial Coordinator and the CHAI MMC Program Manager. The Program Coordinator is responsible for overall planning, management and quality implementation of the VMMC implementation plan at the province. S/he will manage key stakeholders, partnerships, program delivery monitoring and compliance of a successful delivery of the VMMC scale up plan.
Program Management and ensure implementation
- Overall management of provincial VMMC program (implementation of the VMMC scale up costed operational plan) and responsible for monitoring program progress towards achieving results.
- Maintain professional relationships with relevant Government departments.
- Identify partnerships and collaborations strategies with NGOs, DOH or the private sector which would enhance the Province’s capacity to implement the VMMC program.
- Prepare annual workplan(s) and budget(s) for the VMMC program.
- Review budget and work plan and progress over time to ensure budget absorption and to produce corresponding results.
- Contribute in fostering a learning environment among VMMC technical team members, to encourage innovation and sharing of ideas across the VMMC technical team, with partners, with Government and other key stakeholders.
- Monitoring and implementation of VMMC Microplans
- Ensure technical leadership across the VMMC program, and provide support as requested to other district programs.
- Support with the establishment of the provincial VMMC technical working groups (TWG)
- Support the supply chain management/outsourcing of VMMC services at the provincial level
- Strengthen the VMMC quality assurance process at provincial level in line with national guidelines
Reporting and Documentation
- Ensure the timely submission of VMMC data from all sources (private sector, partners, DoH etc);
- Ensure that annual work plan, and all other quarterly and annual reports are produced and delivered on time
- Plan and share reporting requirements with VMMC team and assist them to comply with policies.
Representation and Networking
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with Government Ministries and departments, UN agencies, PEPFAR, and NGOs involved in sector as well as the Private sector stakeholders.
- Ensure strong communication and coordination with other programs, and with other HIV/AIDS initiatives in order to streamline VMMC service delivery and sustenance;
Strategic Direction and Program development
- Support the VMMC leadership in planning and designing new VMMC interventions/ initiatives, and in the design and development of project proposals where necessary.
- Represent the program in sector meetings and strategic planning workshops