The Institute for Youth Development of South Africa (IYDSA) in support of the South African Department of Health in achieving its goals for the scale up of quality services for the management of HIV/AIDS in the Primary Health Care sector has a vacancy for a suitably qualified and experienced person for Chief Executive Officer position in the Eastern Cape. The job incumbent will be based in East London and will include extensive travelling throughout South Africa.
The remuneration package will be competitive and market-related plus competitive employment benefits.
The appointee will be accountable to the IYDSA Board of Directors.
Key Performance Areas:
- Strategic planning and operational management to lead the organisation
- Effective human resources management and staff development
- Relationships management, policy formation and implementation
- Sound corporate governance standards maintenance
- Financial management discipline
Suitable undergraduate business degree with postgraduate qualification (such as MBA). Medical background will be an advantage.
- Have a relevant Management qualification, a strong level of Executive experience( within the CSI /Nonprofit environment will be an advantage)
- Proven record of program management would be a strong advantage
- Track record of success in strategic planning and operational management
- Strong visionary leadership to lead the organisation to achieve goals while providing quality service
- Sound commercial/business knowledge and background
- Ability to create an effective and supportive work culture
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Skills and experience in policy formation and implementation
- Project management and implementation to conclusion skills
- High level management skills. Experience in working in a South African public health environment and interacting with government and statutory bodies may be an advantage
- A record of successful leadership through periods of rapid growth and/or organisational change
- Willingness to travel extensively in South Africa
Interested applicants must email CVs together with copies of qualifications and letters of application to [email protected]
Assumption of duty: ASAP
NB. Communication will only be with shortlisted candidates.