Online C-Modules: A Learning Package for Social and Behavior Change Communication
Submitted by Emily Bockh on 23 February 2012
Available on: http://www.ouwb.ohiou.edu/c-change/default.asp
From preventing sexually transmitted infections or reducing malaria through use of mosquito nets to advocating for health services and changes in national policy and legislation, Social Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) plays a central role. This Online C-Modules are a modular and tools-based learning package to prepare development and public health professionals, working in government, international agencies and non-governmental organizations, to:
- plan and implement communication strategies
- involve communities and stakeholders
- select channels and messages to reach audiences
- and monitor progress and evaluate outcomes and impact
C-Change offers two versions of the Online C-Modules:
- The self-paced modules, available at no cost, you work at your own pace. You complete units by answering a series of questions, based on materials and resources provided.
- If organizations are interested in the instructor-led modules, available for a cost, you will be guided by a facilitator. Each module is scheduled for four or six weeks, with a fixed start and end date, and consists of several topical units.