HEAIDS Conference 2017
The Higher Education and Training HIV/AIDS Programme (HEAIDS) is a national facility to develop and support the HIV mitigation programmes at South Africa's. The HEAIDS Conference will take place from 9 - 11 June 2017 at the SA AIDS Conference in Durban, South Africa.
This year’s theme is “Ukuhlonyiswa Kwabasha” Empowering our youth in South Africa -- Sharing innovative practices towards health education, health promotion, knowledge generation and capacity building amongst our youth within the post school sector”.
The conference will bring together a wide range of delegates to interact and share emerging good practices on HIV, STIs, TB, and general health and wellness issues, as well as reflect on the progress made to date, interrogating some of the missed opportunities and more importantly, chart a path towards the achievement of the HIV education and health policies and strategies in South Africa.
- Track 1: Emerging Good Practices among the Youth: Peer Education Programmes, and Community Engagement. What works and what doesn’t.
- Track 2: Integrating HIV in the Post Schooling Curriculum
- Track 3: Social, Structural and Health Systems to address drivers of HIV, STIs, TB among the youth population.
- Track 4: Ethics, Marginalization and the Protection of Human Rights
- Track 5: Emerging Good Practices: Communications, Social Media, and Community Engagement for Social and Behaviour Change and improved health outcomes.
- Track 6: Epidemiology, Prevention and Biomedical Interventions